Established during 2015 to promote agricultural education in Tasmanian schools, the Tasmanian Agricultural Education Network (TAEN) has transitioned into an association affiliated with the National Association of Agricultural Educators (NAAE).
Membership of the TAEN is not only for educators, but also individuals and groups interested in promoting high-quality agricultural education.
What is the NAAE?
The National Association of Agricultural Educators (NAAE) is a national member-based organisation, which provides leadership at a national level in promoting and developing agricultural education in Australia.
What does TAEN membership cost?
TAEN membership costs $30 per year ($10 of your TAEN membership goes to the NAAE).
TAEN membership benefits:
- TAEN members automatically become members of the NAAE.
- TAEN members receive a regular newsletter, which offers updates on agricultural education initiatives across Tasmania.
- TAEN members can attend TAEN-hosted events for free or at a significant discount.
- TAEN members have input into the strategic direction and operational activities of the organisation through voting rights and active participation on the TAEN committee.
- TAEN corporate members are given preferential opportunities to sponsor TAEN-hosted events.
The core objectives of the organisation are to::
- promote the delivery of high-quality agricultural education in Tasmania
- inspire greater interest in agriculture throughout the Tasmanian community
- arrange and assist in arranging meetings, conferences and other activities in keeping with the objectives of TAEN
- collaborate with other bodies within Tasmania and elsewhere, which share an interest in agriculture
- improve and promote agricultural career pathways in line with industry requirements
- provide opportunities to showcase Tasmanian food and fibre and associated industries
- organise events and other professional learning opportunities relevant to high-quality agricultural education.
For more information on becoming a TAEN member, download our membership brochure or contact:
TAEN Secretary: Kate Gard